Sunday, February 8, 2009

Libro d'Artisti


Book arts has quickly become my favorite class at school. Above are examples presented to the intro class, which I am TAing for under a wonderful woman named Kathy. Being an American herself, who has lived in Italy for the past 30 plus years, she knows all the annoying habits that Italians have and has been quick to offer suggestions or help on how to stay afloat. She even brought me some pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving.
The school has gone book crazy as I am now working on 4 books for various classes. All of the assignments are extremely open ended, allowing me to mold the projects to my own design. Very nice.
I should have the first book done in 2 weeks I'll make sure to post it then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have a handle on the situation, Val. We are impressed by your ability to make things happen your way, under less than optimal circumstances.

We are glad you had a good time in Chico for Christmas, and a good visit from your friend for your birthday.

You were missed at Montecito. While we were there, Candy had to watch the Superbowl on TV without the benefit of any fellow beer drinkers to keep her company. She accused us of being un-American, possibly even Communist. She said that such a thing would never have happened in Chico.

We liked your watercolors! You are doing good work, keep it up.

The month of May will be here before you know it, and then the Italians can keep the place, right? --Scott and Jeri